Chicken, Broccoli, Bacon & Potato Bake – submitted by Terri S.
• 4.5 cups diced red potatoes
• 2.5 cups diced boneless skinless chicken breast
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/3 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
• 1/4 cup sliced onion
• 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ cup heavy cream, half & half, or milk (cream will make it thicker, milk = thinner)
• 2 Tablespoons butter
1. Grease an 8×8 foil baking pan.
2. Layer ingredients starting with half of potatoes, half of chicken, half of broccoli, half of bacon, onion and ½ cup of cheese.
3. Season with half of the salt, pepper, and half of the garlic powder.
4. Repeat the layers and seasoning. Then pour heavy cream over ingredients and cut pieces of butter all over the top.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
6. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Assemble as directed above but do not bake. Make sure the potatoes are on the bottom, if possible (so they don’t blacken) Cover tightly with foil, label, and freeze with bag containing ½ cup of cheese.
TO SERVE: Thaw. Remove bag of cheese and recover with foil. Bake covered for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Ravioli Lasagna – submitted by Terri S.
• 16 oz Ground Turkey, ground beef or Italian Sausage (I used a combination)
• 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
• 1 Bag Frozen Ravioli (approx 30 raviolis)
• 16 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 4 oz Ricotta Cheese
• 1 Egg
1. Brown the turkey, meat or sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Mix in the spaghetti sauce and let simmer on low.
3. Mix the ricotta cheese and egg until the mixture is smooth.
4. Place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
5. In a single layer, lay the frozen raviolis to cover the bottom of the dish.
6. Layer a generous amount of the meat sauce on top of the raviolis.
7. Dollop with the ricotta cheese mixture
8. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
9. Repeat until dish is full covering the top with mozzarella cheese.
10. Bake at 350?F for 35-45 minutes or until it is hot, bubbly and cooked through.
Freezer Chicken Enchiladas – submitted by Terri S.
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
16 oz. cheddar or jack cheese, shredded
2 (4 oz.) cans Ortega diced chilis
5 (10 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
2 packages of flour tortillas
With a mixer, beat the cream cheese with the green chilis and 1 can of enchilada sauce.
Pour cream sauce over shredded chicken in a bowl.
And stir to combine.
In the bottom of 2 foil baking pans (I purchase these at Dollar Tree 2 for $1.00) pour 1 can of enchilada sauce and spread evenly to cover bottom of pan.
Now take your tortillas and fill generously with the creamy chicken mixture and roll up.
Place rolled enchiladas in pan seam side down and cover each pan of enchiladas with sauce – 1 can for each pan.
Sprinkle top of enchiladas with cheese.
Cover each pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
To bake – Preheat oven to 350° and bake unfrozen for 45 minutes or 70-90 minutes if frozen.
Boneless Country Style BBQ Ribs – Submitted by Terri S,
2 – 3 lbs. boneless pork country-style ribs
1/2 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 1/2 cups barbeque sauce
salt and pepper
1. lightly salt and pepper boneless pork ribs on both sides. Mix together all other ingredients. Add all to freezer safe gallon sized bag. Label and freeze.
2. To cook, thaw freezer bag, then add to slow cooker and gently mix all ingredients. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
3. Discard juices. If desired, top with 1/2 cup fresh barbeque sauce and serve.
BBQ Chicken Kebabs Recipe – submitted by Terri S
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2-3 slices raw bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Trim chicken of excess fat, then cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the salt. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the paprikas and sugar. Place the raw bacon in a food processor and pulse for about 30-45 seconds, until a smooth paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl twice throughout. Add the bacon paste and spice mixture to the chicken. Mix with hands or spatula until the ingredients are blended and chicken is coated.
- Place in freezer bags and freeze (you can also freeze the BBQ sauce and pre-soaked skewers)
- Defrost chicken.
- Turn all grill burners to high, close lid, and heat for about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on, but turn off other burners.
- Grill the chicken over the primary burner with lid closed, turning one-quarter of a turn every 2 minutes or so, until browned and slightly charred (about 8 minutes total for chicken breast ). Brush the top of kebabs with BBQ sauce; flip and cook until sauce is browned in spots, about 1 minute. Brush second side with sauce; flip and cook for another minute or so, until cooked through.
Remove kebabs from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve, passing remaining BBQ sauce separately, if desired.
Roasted Vegetables – submitted by Terri S.
2 cups cauliflower
2 cups broccoli
1 cup baby carrots
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to thoroughly combine.
Lay out on a rimmed cookie sheet or roasting pan. Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes.
***These can also be wrapped in foil and placed on the grill***
BBQ Burgers – submitted by Terri S.
2 lbs lean ground beef
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons bbq sauce
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
Divide mixture into 6 even pieces.
Press together and flatten to about 3 1/2″ in in diameter or use a mold. Push a slight indent into the center of each pattie (for even cooking).
Grill to preferred doneness.
Beef & Cheese Burritos – submitted by Terri S.
1 ib. lean ground beef
1 (1 1/4 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 (7 oz.) can diced green chilies, drained
1 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
2 1/2 cup salsa, any kind ( I used mild) , divided
10 (8″) flour tortillas
Brown beef, drain of fat, add 3/4 cup of water and taco seasoning, cook until thickened. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, green chilies and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Spread 1 cup of salsa over the bottom of a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Fill tortillas with beef mixture ( about 2 tablespoons in each) and cheese mixture (about 1 tablespoon in each). Close each tortilla and place over salsa in baking dish. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of salsa and 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Cover and freeze.
Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350. Cover and bake for 35-45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until cheese is browned.
Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken – Submitted by Terri S.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- Brown rice
- Chopped scallions
- Crushed peanuts
- Place chicken in the base of crock pot. Top with red pepper and onion.
- Pour peanut butter, lime juice, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cumin sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove from slow cooker and serve over rice.
- Top with scallions, peanuts, and cilantro.
Honey Orange Pork Loin – Submitted by Terri S.
• 2 lbs pork loin (boneless)
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons apple juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 2 Tbls orange zest
Honey Orange Marinade (with orange zest)
To bake this right away, you can mix the marinade ingredients and pour them over the pork loin in either your crockpot or a roaster.
For the crockpot, set the temperature on low and slow cook it for 6-8 hours.
To roast it in the oven, set oven to 375° and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
To freeze: Place pork loin in gallon zip-top bag and pour marinade over the top. Seal the bag, removing as much air as possible. Label and freeze.
To cook from frozen: Place frozen loin and marinade in crockpot. Set temperature on low and cook
Parmesan Chicken Manicotti – submitted by Terri S.
7 pieces Manicotti, cooked according to directions
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and black pepper
1 can Italian style crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
6-8 basil leaves
1. In a medium bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, salt and pepper together and stir until well mixed.
2. Stuff each cooked manicotti with about 1/4 cupful of the chicken and cheese mixture carefully so that the manicotti doesn’t tear.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes to a saucepan and cook over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves and stir frequently, until it starts to bubble. Simmer until heated through.
4. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place the stuffed manicotti in it. Pour about 1 cup of sauce over the manicotti. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend and parmesan cheese. Place basil leaves on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Lime Coconut Snowballs – submitted by Terri S.
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Butter Cookie Dough
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1/4 teaspoon table salt
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into sixteen 1/2-inch pieces, at cool room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tablespoon cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut , pulsed in food
processor until finely chopped, about fifteen 1-second
1. FOR THE COOKIES: In bowl of standing mixer fitted with flat beater, mix flour, lime zest, sugar, and salt on low speed until combined, about 5 seconds. With mixer running on low, add butter 1 piece at a time; continue to mix until mixture looks crumbly and slightly wet, about 1 minute longer.
Add vanilla and cream cheese and mix on low until dough just begins to form large clumps, about 30
2. Use hands to roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake one batch at a time in 375-degree oven until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
3. FOR THE GLAZE: Whisk cream cheese and 2 tablespoons lime juice in medium bowl until combined and no lumps remain. Whisk in confectioners’ sugar until smooth, adding remaining lime juice as needed
until glaze is thin enough to spread easily.
4. Dip tops of cookies into glaze and scrape away excess, then dip into coconut. Set cookies on
parchment-lined baking sheet; let stand until glaze dries and sets, about 20 minutes.