Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Burgers – submitted by Rochelle H.
• 6 bacon strips,cooked and crumbled
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 3 sliced of cheese or ablespoon of blue cheese crumbles
• 6 hamburger buns
• In a bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, salt, pepper and ground beef and mix well. Shape into twelve 1/4-in.-thick patties.
• Divide bacon crumbles among 6 patties. Top with a cheese slice; fold in corners of cheese. Top with remaining patties; seal edges.
• Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes a side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Irish-Italian Spaghetti – submitted by Sonja B.
1 pound ground meat
1 medium onion,chopped (1/2 cup)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can tomato soup
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
Dash of ground red pepper
1 pound spaghetti
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cook ground meat & onion, add soups, chili powder, hot sauce, pepper, & red pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring often; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 45 min; stirring often.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve sauce over noodles, sprinkle with cheese.
Pizza Burgers – submitted by Sonja B.
2 lbs ground meat
1 (12oz) can spam chopped up
1 small onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic
2 cups shredded pizza cheese
1 can tomato soup
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp oregano
brown ground meat with onion & garlic cloves. Chop spam into tiny pieces and add with browned meat in a bowl, add all other ingredients. Spread mixture on open-faced hamburger buns & bake in a 350 oven for 10-15 min.
Please note that this is a meal that you can make half & freeze the other half for a later meal.
Taco Seasoning – submitted by Chantelle G.
2 tsp instant minced onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp ground
1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
Makes one package
Simple Hamburger Stroganoff – submitted by Chantelle G.
1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (6 ounce) can chopped mushrooms, with liquid
1/2 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows, about 5 minutes; drain fat.
3. Mix brown gravy, cream cheese, and mushrooms with hamburger, stirring until cream cheese melts. Add milk, sour cream, and mushroom soup to cooked pasta. Blend hamburger mixture with pasta.
Swedish Meatballs – Submitted by Rochelle H.
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 pound ground beef chuck
1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 1/4 cups beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper to
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in butter until onion begins to turn translucent, about 6 minutes.
2. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, bread crumbs, black pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mixture; stir to combine.
3. Mix beef and pork into the bread crumb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; whisk flour into butter and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Slowly whisk beef broth into butter mixture.
5. Increase heat to medium-high, whisk cream into mixture and bring to a simmer. Stir sugar and Worcestershire sauce into gravy. Simmer until slightly thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
7. Roll 2 to 3 tablespoons meatball mixture into a ball using wet hands; repeat with remaining meatball mixture. Place meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
9. Transfer meatballs to the gravy and cook over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Calico Beans – submitted by Jess L.
1 lb. hamburger, brown and drain
1/2 lb. bacon, brown and drain
1 med. onion, chopped
3/4 c. ketchup or bbq sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. mustard
2 tsp. vinegar
1 can Navy beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can pork and beans
1 can butter beans
Brown and drain hamburger and bacon. Put in a crock pot: chopped onion, ketchup, salt, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and all the beans (liquid included). Add meats.Start this a day ahead of time to let the flavors blend. Otherwise bake at 350 degrees for 1hour. Or cook in crock pot on low all day.
Beef Stew – submitted by Jess L.
2 gigantic potatoes
Bunch of carrots
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of celery
Put all in crock and let stew for 6-8 hours. YUMMY
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – submitted by Rochelle H.
1 lb of ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half & half
2 cups chicken broth
1 14 oz can of petite diced tomatoes (Don’t drain off juice)
6 slices of bacon (cooked & crumbled)
2 Tablespoons of mustard
1 pickle, chopped
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar
Brown ground beef and drain grease
Melt butter in a kettle, than add onions and garlic and saute until onions are soft and translucent.
Stir in flour to make a paste, then add half & half. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
Add in the ground beef all of the rest of the ingredients. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
Chili – Submitted by Rochelle H.
3 lbs. ground beef
1 large yellow onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes ( I usually use one original and one mild, but for the swap I used 2 mild)
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups beef stock
3 cans of chili beans beans
3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic over medium heat. Once browned, remove any extra liquid in the pot and return the beef to the pot.
2. Transfer beef mixture to large pot or crock pot and add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 2 hours.
BBQ Burgers – submitted by Terri S.
2 lbs lean ground beef
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons bbq sauce
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
Divide mixture into 6 even pieces.
Press together and flatten to about 3 1/2″ in in diameter or use a mold. Push a slight indent into the center of each pattie (for even cooking).
Grill to preferred doneness.
No-Peek Stew Recipe – submitted by Sonia W.
Yields: Makes: 6-8 servings
about 2 lbs of stew meat (or arm roast, cut-up in about 1 inch chunks)
2-3 potatoes, peeled and cut up into about 1-inch chunks
3 large carrots, peeled and cut up into about 1-inch chunks
1 large onion, cut up into about 1-inch chunks
black pepper, to your preference
1 15-oz can of green beans
1 15-oz can of tomato soup (or 2 cups jarred marinara sauce)
1 15-oz can of cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken or celery works)
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Add stew meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions. Season with a little pepper and toss together.
Dump the can of green beans, liquid and all, over the top of meat and vegetables.
Lastly, pour the tomato soup (or marinara) and cream of mushroom soup over the top. Gently combine with a spoon if you want but not necessary.
Tightly cover with foil. Place casserole dish on a cookie sheet with sides, in case of overflow. Bake at 275 degrees for 5 hours. Don’t peek! (I did mine is a crock pot on low for 8 hours)
Burrito Pie – Submitted by Chantelle G.
2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (organic or one with no trans fat, preservatives, or additives)
12 (8 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) jar red enchilada sauce (organic or one with no preservatives or additives)
12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute until onions are translucent (about 5 more minutes). Drain any excess fat, if desired. Mix in the olives, green chile peppers, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. While meat mixture simmers, spread a thin layer of refried beans on one side of each tortilla. Set aside.
4. In the bottom of the casserole dish(es), spread a thin layer of the meat mixture. Cover with a layer of tortillas that have been smeared with the refried beans, followed by more meat mixture, and then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla with refried beans, meat, and cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used up. Topping off the casserole with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. If from frozen sherecomends 45-60 min covered in tinfoil, 15 min without tinfoil.
Baked Ziti – submitted by Sonia W.
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 whole Large Onion, Diced
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 pound Ground Beef
1 can (28 Ounce Can) Whole Tomatoes, With Juice
2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Salt And Pepper, to taste
16 ounces, weight Ziti Or Mostaciolli, Cooked Until Not Quite Al Dente
1 tub (15 Ounce) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1-1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 whole Egg
Fresh Minced Parsley – optional
Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for several minutes, or until starting to soften. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off fat, leaving a bit behind for flavor and moisture.
Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. After that time, remove 3 to 4 cups of the sauce to a different bowl to cool down.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper. Stir together just a couple of times (do not mix completely).
Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly combine (there should still be large lumps.) Add the cooled meat sauce and toss to combine.
Add half the coated pasta to a large casserole dish or lasagna dish. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top, then top with half the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat with another layer of the coated pasta, the sauce, and the mozzarella.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Beef & Cheese Burritos – submitted by Terri S.
1 ib. lean ground beef
1 (1 1/4 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 (7 oz.) can diced green chilies, drained
1 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
2 1/2 cup salsa, any kind ( I used mild) , divided
10 (8″) flour tortillas
Brown beef, drain of fat, add 3/4 cup of water and taco seasoning, cook until thickened. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, green chilies and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Spread 1 cup of salsa over the bottom of a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Fill tortillas with beef mixture ( about 2 tablespoons in each) and cheese mixture (about 1 tablespoon in each). Close each tortilla and place over salsa in baking dish. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of salsa and 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Cover and freeze.
Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350. Cover and bake for 35-45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until cheese is browned.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff – Submitted by Sonia W.
1 pound cubed beef stew meat
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sour cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 cups chopped mushrooms
1/8 t. paprika
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1. Combine all in slow cooker
2. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours (suggested), or on High setting for about 5 hours.
Meatloaf – Submitted by Jess L.
2LBS Ground Beef
1 cup oatmeal
2 t. mustard
3/4-1 cup ketchup
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
Mix all together
But in Loaf pan Bake 350 for 1 hour-11/2 hour for 2 LB Meatloaf.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake – Sumitted by Sonia W.
1-1/4 pound Ground Chuck
1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Serve with crusty French bread.
Original: The Pioneer Woman
Chili – submitted by Jess L.
1 lb. ground beef
1 package of sliced portabella mushrooms
1 onion- chopped
1 red pepper-chopped
1 yellow or orange pepper-chopped
1 jalapeno- chopped remove seeds
1 pablano pepper- chopped remove seeds
1 can chili beans- add in all including juices
1 can black beans-drained
1 can kidney beans-drained
1 large can diced Tomatoes
1 Large can tomato sauce
3 gloves garlic
(Seasonings to taste, I just put them in so I am not 100% sure how much)
chili powder-about 1 tbsp
cumin- about 1 tsp
red pepper powder-to taste, I use little
Brown beef and drain, add all peppers, onions and mushrooms to large skillet and heat until soft and giving off lots of juices. Poor everything else into a crock pot add cooked indigence and and simmer on low for 6-8 hours. ( I add my seasonings to the pan of peppers when sauteing them, it releases a lot of the flavor)
Sour Cream, Cheese, Crackers
Tater Tot Hotdish – submitted by Jessica B.
2 lbs. ground beef
kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1 10 oz. can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream (low fat is okay)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 32 oz. package frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
Brown ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, while browning. Drain.
Spread ground beef in the prepared baking dish. Whisk together soup and sour cream. Spread over ground beef in an even layer.
Sprinkle one cup of cheddar cheese over the soup layer.
Top with tater tots.
Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
To cook from frozen:
Thaw beef mixture. Top with frozen tots and cook as above.
Hot Roast Beef/Ham Sandwiches – submitted by Sonia W.
- 12 whole Dinner Rolls Or Small Sandwich Buns (I Used White & Whole Wheat)
- 1 pound Thinly Shaved Roast Beef Or Ham (or Both!)
- 1 pound Cheese (Provolone, Swiss, Mozzarella, Even Cheez Whiz!)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Onion (or 1 Tbsp Dried Onion Flakes))
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Spicy Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Horseradish Mayo Or Straight Prepared Horseradish
- Dash Of Worcestershire
- Optional Dressing Ingredients: Sriracha, Hot Sauce, Dried Onion Flakes Instead Of Fresh, Garlic Powder, Pepper, Etc.)
Slice rolls in half. Mix together mayo, grated onion, poppy seeds, spicy mustard, horseradish, and Worcestershire. Taste it and adjust ingredients however you wish.
To assemble, spread dressing on top and bottom buns. Lay on roast beef or ham, then one or two slices of cheese (I cut them to fit the small buns.) If you’re using Cheez Whiz, spread a layer on the top bun.
Wrap each sandwich in a foil square, and either keep in the fridge or bake right away. To bake the sandwiches, put them on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The buns should be slightly crusty and the cheese should be melted.
Great for a crowd!
From: The Pioneer Woman