Chicken, Broccoli, Bacon & Potato Bake – submitted by Terri S.
• 4.5 cups diced red potatoes
• 2.5 cups diced boneless skinless chicken breast
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/3 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
• 1/4 cup sliced onion
• 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ cup heavy cream, half & half, or milk (cream will make it thicker, milk = thinner)
• 2 Tablespoons butter
1. Grease an 8×8 foil baking pan.
2. Layer ingredients starting with half of potatoes, half of chicken, half of broccoli, half of bacon, onion and ½ cup of cheese.
3. Season with half of the salt, pepper, and half of the garlic powder.
4. Repeat the layers and seasoning. Then pour heavy cream over ingredients and cut pieces of butter all over the top.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
6. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Assemble as directed above but do not bake. Make sure the potatoes are on the bottom, if possible (so they don’t blacken) Cover tightly with foil, label, and freeze with bag containing ½ cup of cheese.
TO SERVE: Thaw. Remove bag of cheese and recover with foil. Bake covered for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.