Chicken, Broccoli, Bacon & Potato Bake – submitted by Terri S.
• 4.5 cups diced red potatoes
• 2.5 cups diced boneless skinless chicken breast
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1/3 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
• 1/4 cup sliced onion
• 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ cup heavy cream, half & half, or milk (cream will make it thicker, milk = thinner)
• 2 Tablespoons butter
1. Grease an 8×8 foil baking pan.
2. Layer ingredients starting with half of potatoes, half of chicken, half of broccoli, half of bacon, onion and ½ cup of cheese.
3. Season with half of the salt, pepper, and half of the garlic powder.
4. Repeat the layers and seasoning. Then pour heavy cream over ingredients and cut pieces of butter all over the top.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
6. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Assemble as directed above but do not bake. Make sure the potatoes are on the bottom, if possible (so they don’t blacken) Cover tightly with foil, label, and freeze with bag containing ½ cup of cheese.
TO SERVE: Thaw. Remove bag of cheese and recover with foil. Bake covered for one hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Burgers – submitted by Rochelle H.
• 6 bacon strips,cooked and crumbled
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 3 sliced of cheese or ablespoon of blue cheese crumbles
• 6 hamburger buns
• In a bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, salt, pepper and ground beef and mix well. Shape into twelve 1/4-in.-thick patties.
• Divide bacon crumbles among 6 patties. Top with a cheese slice; fold in corners of cheese. Top with remaining patties; seal edges.
• Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes a side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Baked Spaghetti – submitted by Susan B.
3/4 lb vermicelli pasta or thin spaghetti
1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cups or 24 ounces of marinara or meatless tomato sauce*
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp olive oil plus more for greasing the casserole dish
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup ricotta cheese
2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Put a large pot of water on the stove on high heat. Add salt to the water, about 2 Tbsp for 6 quarts of water. While the pasta water is heating, continue with the next steps.
2 Break up the sausage into clumps into a large sauté pan. Turn the heat on, to medium. Slowly cook the sausage, breaking it up into smaller pieces with the a wooden spoon. The slow cooking will help the fat render out. Cook until the sausage is cooked through, no longer pink anywhere, and lightly browned. Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain the fat from the pan (not into your sink or you may clog it!)
3 Add the chopped onions and mushrooms to the pan. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent and the mushrooms have given up some of their liquid. Add the minced garlic and red chili pepper flakes, and cook a minute more.
4 Add the marinara sauce and the 1 1/2 cups of water to the pan with the onions and mushrooms. Add the sausage back to the pan. Add the Italian seasoning and chopped parsley. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to a very low simmer on the lowest simmer setting on your stovetop. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or so while you make the pasta.
5 By this time your pasta water in step one should be boiling. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, at a rolling boil, for 5 to 6 minutes, al dente. Note that the pasta will continue to cook and absorb some of the sauce when it is in the casserole dish in the oven, so the pasta should be al dente. When ready, drain the pasta and rinse in cold water.
6 Place the cooled pasta in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, then the Parmesan, then 2 beaten eggs. It’s easiest to do this with your (clean) hands.
7 Preheat your oven to 350°F. Rub the inside of a 13×9 inch casserole dish (a Pyrex dish works great) with olive oil. Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the casserole dish.
8 Place half of the pasta in an even layer in the casserole dish. Cover with half of the sauce. Then dot the sauce with all of the ricotta cheese. Sprinkle half of the Mozzarella over the ricotta layer. Layer again with the remaining pasta, the remaining sauce, and the remaining Mozzarella.
9 Cover with foil and bake for 40 min at 350°F. Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/baked_spaghetti/#ixzz3X9ors838
Stir-fry Chicken and Rice – submitted by Deanna B.
• 4 cups fresh vegetables
• 2 large chicken breasts
• 1 batch of marinade
1. Wash and prepare vegetables by chopping into bite sized pieces. Blanch veggies in a pot of generously salted boiling water. Remove blanched veggies from water with a slotted spoon or fine strainer. Spread out veggies on parchment lined cookie sheets and let cool completely. Place in a freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen solid. Remove from freezer and break up frozen veggies with hands. Place in a gallon sized freezer safe bag.
2. Chop up chicken breasts into bit sized pieces. Place chicken, along with 3-4 tablespoons of marinade in a sandwich sized bag. Seal bag and place in gallon sized bag with the frozen veggies.
3. Pour remaining marinade in a sandwich sized bag and place in gallon sized bag with chicken and veggies. Remove as much air as you can and seal bag. Place back in freezer until ready to make.
4. To cook: Remove frozen chicken and marinade and let thaw completely. Stirfry meat with a little oil in a wok or large skillet for a few minutes until cooked through. Add in frozen veggies and the marinade and cook on high, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes or until all the veggies are heated through and meat is no longer pink in the center.
5. Serve on its own or with a side of rice
Freezer stir-fry Marinade
• 3 tbsp. soy sauce
• 2½ tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 tbsp. sesame oil
• 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
• 2 tsp. ginger root, peeled and minced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• (optional) few drops of hot sauce
• ¾ c. chicken or vegetable broth
• 1 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
Baked Ziti – Submitted by Sonia W.
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 whole Large Onion, Diced
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 pound Ground Beef
1 can (28 Oz. Size) Crushed Tomatoes, With Juice
2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
Salt And Pepper, to taste
16 ounces, weight Ziti Or Mostaciolli, Cooked Until Not Quite Al Dente
1 tub (15 Oz. Size) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1-½ pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
½ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 whole Egg
Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for several
minutes, or until starting to soften. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and cook until
browned. Drain off fat, leaving a bit behind for flavor and moisture.
Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir
and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. After that time, remove 3 to 4 cups of the sauce to a
different bowl to cool down.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella,
Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper. Stir together just a couple of times (do not mix
Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Pour it
into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly combine (there should still be
large lumps.) Add the cooled meat sauce and toss to combine.
Add half the coated pasta to a large casserole dish or lasagna dish. Spoon half of the
remaining sauce over the top, then top with half the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Repeat with another layer of the coated pasta, the sauce, and the mozzarella.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes