Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken – Submitted by Chantelle G
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple
3 pounds assorted chicken pieces such as breasts, thighs, wings, and drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir ketchup and brown sugar into melted butter, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Whisk cornstarch into vinegar until smooth; pour into pan. Whisk constantly and add salt, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to mixture; bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir pineapple into sauce.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a 9×13-inch baking dish; pour pineapple sauce over chicken.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling, chicken is browned, and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Cilantro-Soy-Lime Chicken Legs – submitted by Sonia W.
- 12 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place chicken legs in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; whisk together cilantro, lime juice, lime rind, soy sauce, honey and olive oil. Pour marinade over chicken in bag; seal and refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chicken legs 12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
Huli Huli Chicken – Submitted by Susan B
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
MAKES: 12 servings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
2 chicken thighs equals 391 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 43 g protein.
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-huli-huli-chicken#ixzz3A8wB4A5r
BBQ Chicken Kebabs Recipe – submitted by Terri S
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2-3 slices raw bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Trim chicken of excess fat, then cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the salt. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the paprikas and sugar. Place the raw bacon in a food processor and pulse for about 30-45 seconds, until a smooth paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl twice throughout. Add the bacon paste and spice mixture to the chicken. Mix with hands or spatula until the ingredients are blended and chicken is coated.
- Place in freezer bags and freeze (you can also freeze the BBQ sauce and pre-soaked skewers)
- Defrost chicken.
- Turn all grill burners to high, close lid, and heat for about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on, but turn off other burners.
- Grill the chicken over the primary burner with lid closed, turning one-quarter of a turn every 2 minutes or so, until browned and slightly charred (about 8 minutes total for chicken breast ). Brush the top of kebabs with BBQ sauce; flip and cook until sauce is browned in spots, about 1 minute. Brush second side with sauce; flip and cook for another minute or so, until cooked through.
Remove kebabs from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve, passing remaining BBQ sauce separately, if desired.